We are getting closer and closer to the summer, which means the 10th Annual Richter Mandolin Camp for the Rest of Us with mandolinists extraordinaire Don Julin and Mike Compton. Both of these guys mean a lot to me as musicians, mentors, and friends. More than a camp, this is a reconvening of friends and I always strive to ensure that the camp is imbued with that spirit.
Fun things for the 10th camp:
- A third instructor: the master, Mike Compton!
- A community-based concert that will be opened to select additional attendees. Confirmed musicians:
- Banister Bluegrass Band
- Don Julin
- Mike Compton
- Jim Richter and Gordon Bonham (blues)
- and more to come!
- Swag from GHS Strings
- Individual and classroom instruction
- Wednesday meet and greet, camp orientation
- Late night jamming every night of camp
- AND, our requisite bourbon and whiskey tasting of fine spirits
This camp is always one of the highlights of my year. And, given the 10th anniversary and seemingly out of the pandemic, attendance is already very high with less than a handful of spots left. If interested in attending, please email Jim Richter at [email protected]